Thursday, April 26, 2012

Movin' Out!

After several Blogger-related headaches that resulted in many do-overs over the course of this blog's lifetime, Flickers is moving out. We've had enough!

I found a new home at Wordpress and also registered for my own domain. I cannot reveal the new URL just yet, you'll have to wait a few days. The new place is a mess. I have to tidy up; it needs a paint job, I need to fix a few broken links, make sure the transition went smoothly, etc. You understand, right?

So keep your eyes peeled for a new address and a new Flickers! I'm not sure how to automatically redirect the traffic from this site to the new one, but hopefully all of you will adjust your RSS feeds and email subscriptions once I'm ready to open shop.

If any of you have experience with moving blogs, please shoot me a line.

Thanks for your patience, gang. Back soon!

7 comments:

3guys1movie.com said...

Damn I find your blog on moving day. Does that mean I got dibs on stuff you forgot to pack?

Dave said...

Dude, you can take whatever the hell you want, under one condition: you let me borrow your truck.

Emil said...

Sweet! I'm definitely in favor of switching from Blogger to Wordpress. I like it better for both writing and reading. Hope you'll enjoy your new home.

ilovethatfilm said...

Yeah I might be right behind you one of these days. I will be interested to hear how the move goes and to have a sniff round your new place! Good luck!

Dave said...

Thanks Emil! I can see why you'd like Wordpress more.

Pete, so far, I'm digging Wordpress. At first it was tough getting used to -- you definitely need to adapt your ways since they are both so different. Once you get the hang of it, you'll see how flexible it is. Wordpress seems to give you a lot more options, but it helps tremendously if you brush up on your html language (Blogger did just about everything for you, so html wasn't all that necessary to know).

Should be up and running by Monday! Stay tuned!

Fernando Quintero said...

Sorry you had a hard time with Blogger. I've been on Wordpress since I started and I love it there. Welcome to the club! Look forward to reading new posts from you.

Dave said...

Thanks Fernando!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...